F1/10 Autonomous Racing
The F1/10 competition focuses on creating a meaningful and challenging design experience for students. The competition involves designing, building, and testing an autonomous 1/10th scale F1 race car all while learning about perception, planning, and control for autonomous navigation .
Students involved in this project can work on :
- Sensor fusion; in particular IMU, LIDAR and camera will be used as the initial sensor suite;
- Image processing algorithms that, processing the data provided by the sensors, will be able to detect objects;
- Deriving motion planning algorithms;
- Low level control for the actuators;
- ROS, one of the most important OS for building robotics applications.